Low Calorie Day
Food and Workout Guidelines
Low-Calorie Day guidelines
- Simply eat 25% less than you normally would
- Don’t count calories, just reduce portion sizes a little- Use slightly smaller plate, bowl or cup than normally would. Men: Use women’s portion sizes. Women- Use portion sizes based on young teenager’s hand.
- See Regular Calorie Day guidelines for well balanced meals during normal calorie day.
Low-Calorie Day foods
- See Regular-calorie day, but reduce 25%
Runner Maintenance Work: Hip + Low Leg 10 Minute Routine
As a runner, you know there are some non-sexy, tedious but necessary exercises we must do on a weekly basis to keep our bodies strong and injury free. This is a quick routine to preform on your low calorie day; you may also do an easy/recovery run that is 60 minutes or less.
Lower Leg Exercises: These lower leg exercises are designed to strengthen the muscles that contribute to plantar fascia, achilles tendon, and the various shin muscles. This routine provides the solution by increasing the strength and resiliency of the muscles and connective tissues of the foot so that the problem areas will have less trouble as you ramp up your training.
- Heel walk x 15 each foot
- Toe walk x 15 each foot
- Feet out walk x 15 each foot
- Feet in walk x 15 each foot
- Ankle in walk x 10 each foot
- Ankle out walk x 10 each foot
- Eccentric calf straight leg x 25 each foot
- Eccentric calf bent leg x 25 each foot
Hip Exercises: Numerous scientific research studies have proven that runners routinely suffer from weak, tight, and under- developed hip muscles. Weak hips can often be the cause of IT band pain, patella tendonitis (runner’s knee), piriformis issues, sciatica, and a myriad of other common running injuries. This routine is a preventative set of exercises designed to work all the muscles in the hip and glutes while also increasing flexibility and range of motion.
- Clams x 20
- Lateral leg raises x 15-25
- Donkey Kicks x 15-25
- Donkey whips x 15-25
- Fire hydrant x 15-25
- Knee circles – forward x 15-25
- ForwardnLeg Swings x10
- Lateral Leg Swings x 10
- Standing Knee Circles x 10